Call for contributions: Educating the next generation
In its upcoming issue, the ETH Learning and Teaching Journal will give prominence to teaching and learning initiatives with a specific focus on translating ETH’s educational mission into practice: "By educating the next generation of critical and creative thinkers, we make a significant contribution to the common good and the preservation of societal well-being, natural resources and the environment. […]» (ETH Strategy 2021-2024)
We invite contributions which discuss existing and planned teaching and learning initiatives along one or several of the following questions:
- Which skills and competences are becoming increasingly important for future university graduates, and how do we know?
- How are such skills and competences promoted in courses and curricula, in special projects or other educational formats?
- In which ways are the traditional roles of teachers and students challenged and how can they be reimagined?
- How can students and faculty deal with the growing demands this brings for teaching and learning?
Contributions address one or several of the following topics:
- Promoting personal/ social skills and competences
- Promoting cross-disciplinary competences
- Formal or informal development opportunities for faculty
- Teacher-student relationship
- Student-student relationship
We invite proposal submissions by 27 June 2022. You short proposal should address the following questions:
- What will you find out about, discuss or argue in your paper? How is this important for teaching and learning?
- What is the specific question you want to address? How will you find out about this question?
- Which evidence or literature will inform your paper?
Individuals and associations, teaching teams and study programme coordinators are warmly invited to contribute empirical and analytical articles on current or planned teaching and learning initiatives.
Submission of proposals: 27 June 2022
Information of acceptance: July 2022
Submission of complete articles: 24 October 2022
Publication date: first quarter 2023
In the first instance, please upload a proposal (max. 500 words) on the journal website by 27 June 2022. Please define a corresponding author as the person to be contacted by the editors throughout the entire publication process. This person will need to create an account with the journal. Once your abstract has been accepted you will be invited to submit a full article (max. 5'000 words) by 24 October 2022. Submission types and quality guidelines for complete articles can be found on the journal website.
Editors: Dr. Pia Scherrer, Dr. Benno Volk, Dr. Michèle Gemünden
If you have questions regarding your contribution or the journal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.